MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Ten (10) years working experience as a senior manager directing the mechanical engineering maintenance programme of a large fleet of heavy equipment.
The Deputy Managing Director, Engineering and Technical Services will provide advice on the size, configuration and cost- effectiveness of the JUTC investment in buses, associated equipment and all other items of plant and equipment. The incumbent plans and monitors programmes of preventive, rehabilitative and special maintenance that are executed centrally through depot operations.
The successful candidate should also possess:
- Sound knowledge of heavy duty automotive equipment maintenance principles and practices, including Fleet Maintenance Information Systems.
- Sound knowledge of engineering safety practices.
- The familiarity with maintaining large public passenger vehicles and their on- bus electronics.
- Creativity and innovativeness in designing viable and cost-effective engineering solutions to persistent performance problems.
- Confirmed reputation for analyzing and diagnosing technical problems of major equipment operation and management.
- Institutional perspective ability to understand the dynamics of the Company’s internal and external environments and participate in organisational development.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to monitor and objectively evaluate programme effectiveness.
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Applications with detailed resumes should be sent by April 16, 2021 to:
Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited
Michael Manley Drive
P.O. Box 575