MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate of Legal Education.
- Three (3) years related working experience at a managerial level in a public or private sector organization.
The Legal Officer will manage the activities of the Company’s Legal Department in addition to the Claims Unit and Fleet Administration. The incumbent will also provide legal advice and interpretation to senior management regarding contracts, regulatory requirements, intellectual property, personal injury and other business affairs to safeguard the lawful privileges and interests of the Company and its subsidiary.
The successful candidate should also possess:
- Sound knowledge of contract law, personal injury law, commercial law, company law and public transport legislation and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of policy pronouncements governing the JUTC’s operations.
- Knowledge of the international and local transportation industry
- Sound knowledge of litigation practice and procedure.
- Sound knowledge of legal drafting and interpretation
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent conciliation and communication skills
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Ability to think out of the box to solve legal complications
Applications with detailed resumes should be sent by July 20, 2020 to:
Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited
Michael Manley Drive
P.O. Box 575
Note: While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.