MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or relevant combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- At least Three (3) years working experience in a related job
The Manager- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) will exercise overall responsibility for Employee Health & Wellness programs in addition to inspecting and evaluating the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. This will include but not limited to developing and managing health and safety policies, procedures and systems to provide for safe business operations.
The successful candidate should also possess:
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration), Factories Act, National Road Safety Policy and applicable regulations
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and in writing
- Good investigative and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of team dynamics
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to work under pressure to meet stringent deadlines
- A highly proactive and flexible work attitude
Applications with detailed resumes should be sent by October 20, 2021 to:
Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited
Michael Manley Drive
P.O. Box 575
Note: While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.