MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Public Administration/Management Studies/Accounting or any other related field.
- Three (3) years procurement experience in a similar position
CORE FUNCTION:Reporting to the Public Procurement Manager, the incumbent will be required to assist in the procurement processes required for the acquisition of goods and services essential to the operation of the Company. The incumbent will seek to ensure that all procurement are conducted in accordance with the Public Procurement Regulations, Public Procurement Act 2015 and Government of Jamaica Procurement Guidelines and Procedures.
The successful candidate should also possess:
- Extensive knowledge of Government Procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of contract administration.
- The ability to research and evaluate technical proposals and recommend contracts for award.
- Knowledge of office management principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite.
- Sound judgement and excellent administration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to understand technical data as presented on purchase requests.
- The ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
- The ability to pay keen attention to details and must be highly confidential.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
Applications with detailed resumes should be submitted no later than June 21, 2021 to:
Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited
Michael Manley Drive
P.O. Box 575