MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent qualification.
- Two (2) years working experience in a similar or related position.
- Basic First Aid Training
The Safety Assistant will be responsible to assist in the inspection of work areas, identifying hazardous elements, interviewing injured employees and investigating work safety incidents as well as providing administrative support for the department.
The successful candidate should also possess:
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), National Environment Protection Agency (NEPA) and any other applicable regulatory agencies
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Good human relations skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work accurately with numerical data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain protocol when involved in the processing of documentation
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Applications with detailed resumes should be sent by July 30, 2020 to:
Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited
Michael Manley Drive
P.O. Box 575