MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- First Degree in Management Studies, Accounting or equivalent professional qualifications
- ACCA Fundamental level III or CIA
- Three (3) years experience in auditing and accounting, with at least one (1) year at the senior level
The incumbent will ensure the integrity of the Company’s accounting, electronic data processing (EDP), operations and management systems by co-ordinating a comprehensive audit programme to cover all operations of the organization. The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for monitoring compliance with the policies and procedures governing the Company’s operations, reporting discrepancies, and following-up to ensure that corrective action is taken. He/she is also required to report on the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls implemented by Management and recommend solutions or corrective measures where applicable.
Additionally, he/she is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the work of the members of the audit team. The incumbent is responsible to review audit work and also provide significant supervision, guidance and on the job training to the team members.
The successful candidate should also possess:
- Working knowledge of ACL and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of accounting and internal control systems and procedures
- Good knowledge of audit techniques and working paper preparation
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and general accounting
- Good research investigative and report writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Good human relations skills
- Detail conscious and tenacity
Applications with detailed resumes should be sent by May 13, 2021 to:
Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited
Michael Manley Drive
P.O. Box 575