MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification
- At least two (2) years working experience in an accounting position at middle management level.
The Accounting Manager will manage the depot’s revenue, expenditure, fixed asset accounting, budgeting, stores and other financial custodianship functions in accordance with the controls established by Head Office and ensure that the business activities of the depot are properly accounted for and performance is accurately.
The successful candidate should also possess:
- Sound knowledge of financial and management accounting principles and practices.
- Sound knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Practical familiarity with inventory control procedures
- Excellent supervisory and human relations skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to pay attention to details and probe any and all unusual occurrences
- Excellent communications skills
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Sage 300 system would be an asset
Applications with detailed resumes should be sent by July 20, 2020 to:
Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited
Michael Manley Drive
P.O. Box 575
Note: While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.